Frequently Asked Questions

Suffering major property damage is devastating and in the wake of disaster, knowledge = power. Understand the resources available to help you with your insurance claim. A public adjuster is vital in getting the settlement you deserve. And at Jansen/Adjusters International, we are here to help you navigate the process and advocate on your behalf—every step of the way.
Can't Find An Answer? Submit Your Question
6 Total
  • Q What is a public adjuster?

    A public adjuster is a licensed insurance professional who exclusively represents the policyholder following major property damage to your home or business to ensure a fair and full settlement. At Jansen/Adjusters International, we are your proactive advocates when your financial future is on the line.

  • Q What does a public adjuster do?

    Public adjusters provide you peace of mind knowing there is a professional in your corner who can secure the best possible settlements. A public adjuster navigates your insurance policy, combing through the details and complex language to be sure you are aware of your obligations and time restrictions. We know and understand the emotional toll on families and companies and we are there to support you all along the way. At Jansen/Adjusters International, we expertly evaluate and document your losses—including hidden damages. And we not only prepare your claim and communicate with your insurance company on your behalf, but also negotiate for the best insurance settlement possible to help you recover.

  • Q Does a public adjuster need to be licensed?

    Public adjusters are licensed in most states and subject to strict laws governing their services and ethics. For peace of mind, make sure your public adjusters are members of the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (NAPIA). At Jansen/Adjusters International, we are both licensed and we are members of NAPIA.

  • Q Do you need a public adjuster?

    Think of it this way. If you sell your property, you work with a realtor to get the best possible outcome. If you are dealing with the IRS, you hire an accountant to get the best possible outcome. If you suffer property damage, you should hire a professional public adjuster to get the best possible outcome from your claim. With Jansen/Adjusters International, you are in excellent hands.

  • Q How much does a public adjuster charge?

    Public adjusters typically charge a small percentage of the total amount they helped you collect for your claim, so the fee varies based on your insurance settlement. At Jansen/Adjusters International, we offer free consultations.

  • Q What is the difference between a public adjuster and an independent adjuster?

    A public adjuster works exclusively for you, the policyholder. An independent adjuster works as a consultant on behalf of the insurance company. To have your own professional representation, you need to hire a reputable public adjuster to advocate for your best financial interest. The public adjusters at Jansen/Adjusters International are here to help you get what you are entitled to.

Submit A Question

( * ) indicates required field
Sorry, there was a problem with your submission.