Public Adjusters for Hurricane Damage
In the wake of such devastation, our adjusters are there for you as advocates and guides, responsible for managing your hurricane damage claim as you focus on the next critical steps of your business.
There are key factors to consider when preparing a claim for hurricane damage, given that you may be dealing with both windstorm and flood damages often covered by different insurance policies and handled by different adjusters. Without a proper grasp on this situation and a thorough understanding of your commercial insurance policy, you can be at a disadvantage and not receive what you truly need to restore your business.
As you begin to make decisions to maintain and restore your business, a crucial decision can be to hire a public adjuster immediately to prepare and manage your claim. As insurance professionals highly experienced in hurricane damage claims, we level the playing field when dealing with your insurance company. We guide you and advocate on your behalf as we evaluate and document your damage in detail to negotiate a claim for the maximum amount. With offices in Dallas and Houston, TX, Oklahoma City, OK, and San Juan, PR, our public adjusters are ready to maximize your Puerto Rico or Texas hurricane damage insurance claim.
What To Focus On After Hurricane Damage
What is my agent/broker’s role? Will his/her role be active or passive? When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
The insurance company hired a construction estimator. What do I need to know?
Wind Damage vs. Storm Surge vs. Flood. What is covered?
Why is a claim strategy so important?
Am I impacted by coinsurance?
Forensic Deconstruction may be required in order to determine the possible structural damages caused by pressure vs. suction and differential pressure (wind flow on two opposite sides of any building components such as roofs, walls, structural members, etc., which could deform or dislodge materials).
Is there coinsurance in your policy? Properly managing coinsurance requirements can prevent financial disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance requirements can put you out of business! If there is, what does it mean? If there is, did your insurance adjuster explain it you? How is coinsurance calculated: on replacement cost or actual cash value?
Is there a methodology to properly document the loss?
Is a moisture survey necessary? Why or why not?
When mold is an issue, be sure to hire professionals to record RH%, document the damage, and create a moisture map before removing ALL wet building materials.
Prompt inspection and documentation is key to a successful claim. It takes a trained professional to identify and document windstorm damage. Do you have the right expert lined up? You should not just rely on the insurance company’s experts.
The report from the roofing expert you choose can make all the difference in your recovery.
Repair vs. replacement of roofing can be a challenging issue. Are you familiar with matching issues/rules? Are you familiar with patching issues/rules? What about warranties?
Wind-driven rain vs. leakage. The difference can affect your recovery.
What happens following an extraordinary storm when drying equipment, generators, remediation labor, and other resources are unavailable for days? Weeks?
How Our Public Adjusters Help You
- Evaluate Fully reviewing your insurance coverage.
- Strategy Developing a claim management strategy.
- Compliance Determining policy compliance issues.
- Valuations Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses.
- Interruption Formulating business interruption models.
- Itemization Presenting and supporting an itemized claim package to your insurer.
- Negotiation Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company.
- Communication Keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Settlement Ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Industries Our Public Adjusters Have Helped
Client References & Testimonials
- Advance Telecom - Denver, CO
- Aldine Independent School District - Houston, TX
- Asociacion de Condomines Condominio Playa Azul II - Luquillo, Puerto Rico
- CF Gollott & Son Seafood, Inc. - Biloxi, MS
- City of Groves - Groves, TX
- City of Nederland - Nederland, TX
- CMS Companies - Pensacola, FL
- Condominio Los Corales - San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Condominio Marlin Tower II - San Juan,
- Condominio Villas del Mar - San Juan,
- Devcon Int'l/Crown Bay Marina - Tampa, FL
- First Baptist Church of Orange - Orange, TX
- Franklin Foundation Hospital - Franklin, LA
- Haulover Marine & Peco Bay - US Virgin Islands,
- Houston Independent School District - Houston, TX
- Kaiser Realty, Inc. - Gulf Shores, AL
- Los Cabos Golf Resort - Cabos San Lucas,
- Mississippi Coast Coliseum - Biloxi, MS
- Mud Puddle Ceramics Shop, Inc. - Jamestown, ND
- Oyster Bay Beach Resort - Oyster Bay, Kingdom of the Netherlands, St. Maarten
- Port Arthur International Public Port - Port Arthur, TX
- Treasure Isle Cruises - US Virgin Islands,
- Whitestone REIT - Houston, TX
- YMCA Treasure Coast - Stuart, FL
In post-storm Houston, resources were scarce, but you managed to marshal a team to quickly handle our various multi-family and commercial claims... In closing, while we hope to never have another claim, I have no doubt that if we do, yours will be the first number we dial.Stephen SwanPresident - Randall Davis Company, South Padre Island, TX
For decades, L’Auberge Chez François has been one of the leading restaurants in the metro Washington, D.C., area. Known for its exceptional French cuisine and impressive service, the restaurant is a longtime favorite of Washingtonians celebrating anniversaries, birthdays or other special occasions.
A magnitude 6.8 earthquake, called Nisqually in seismic circles, rocked Seattle, Washington, in 2001 and severely damaged the Starbucks corporate headquarters building.
It was in late November that an arsonist set a devastating fire to a popular Maryland hotel. The hotel, just five miles from Washington, D.C., does the majority of its business during the city’s cherry blossom season. If the season was missed, they would not only lose that year’s tour business, but bookings for the following years were also at risk.