Public Adjusters for Commercial Tornado or Other Windstorm Damage
Tornado damage can be catastrophic or sometimes hidden and easily missed, and therefore compromising to your commercial property. Our expertise is in assessing such damage and negotiating a claim that will get your business what it needs to fully recover.
If your commercial property is damaged by a tornado, you may not be able to see the damage with the naked eye. This could be a cracked foundation or a loosened roof. How will you know if your property is safe? The first step is to engage a licensed engineer to determine if any structural deficiencies like these have occurred. If the damage is identified, our public adjusters can step in to help assess the full scope and prepare and manage your insurance claim.
Our team of public adjusters evaluates and documents your damage in full detail, and negotiates with your insurance company for a maximum claim recovery. As your trusted advocates, we make sure you obtain what you need to rebuild your property and business.
What To Focus On After Tornado or Other Windstorm Damage
What is my agent/broker’s role? Will his/her role be active or passive? When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
The insurance company hired a construction estimator. What do I need to know?
Wind Damage vs. Storm Surge vs. Flood. What is covered?
Why is a claim strategy so important?
Am I impacted by coinsurance?
Forensic Deconstruction may be required in order to determine the possible structural damages caused by pressure vs. suction and differential pressure. (Wind flow on two opposite sides of any building components such as roofs, walls, structural members, etc., which could deform or dislodge materials).
Is there coinsurance in your policy? Properly managing coinsurance requirements can prevent financial disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance requirements can put you out of business! If there is, what does it mean? If there is, did your insurance adjuster explain it? How is coinsurance calculated: on replacement cost or actual cash value?
Is there a methodology to properly document the loss?
Is a moisture survey necessary? Why or why not?
When mold is an issue, be sure to hire professionals to record RH%, document the damage, and create a moisture map before removing ALL wet building materials.
Prompt inspection and documentation is key to a successful claim. It takes a trained professional to identify and document windstorm damage. Do you have the right expert lined up? You should not just rely on the insurance company’s experts.
The report from the roofing expert you choose can make all the difference in your recovery.
Repair vs. replacement of roofing can be a very challenging issue. Are you familiar with matching issues/rules? Are you familiar with patching issues/rules? What about warranties?
Wind driven rain vs. leakage. The difference can affect your recovery.
What happens following an extraordinary storm when drying equipment, generators, remediation labor, and other resources are unavailable for days? Weeks?
How Our Public Adjusters Help You
- Evaluate Fully reviewing your insurance coverage.
- Strategy Developing a claim management strategy.
- Compliance Determining policy compliance issues.
- Valuations Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses.
- Interruption Formulating business interruption models.
- Itemization Presenting and supporting an itemized claim package to your insurer.
- Negotiation Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company.
- Communication Keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Settlement Ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Industries Our Public Adjusters Have Helped
Client References & Testimonials
- Advance Telecom - Denver, CO
- Aldine Independent School District - Houston, TX
- Bank One - Ft. Worth, TX
- Buffalo County Fairgrounds - Kearney, NE
- Co-Line - Linville, IA
- Da-Lite - Warsaw, IN
- Dalcan Investments - Ft. Worth, TX
- DVTC1 - Windsor, CO
- Four States Supply - Joplin, MO
- Garvin Mini Storage - Joplin, MO
- Grand Lagoon Yacht Club - Pensacola, FL
- Island Tan Corp. - Bowling Green, KY
- Kipling Village - Wheatridge, CO
- Mud Puddle Ceramics Shop, Inc. - Jamestown, ND
- Oscar's Penko - Pensacola, FL
- Quality Inn - Taos, NM
- Scottsfield Estates - Scottsbluff, NE
- Southeastern Printing Company - Stuart, FL
- Trollco - Windsor, CO
- West Meadows Apartments - Greenwood Village, CO
- YMCA Treasure Coast - Stuart, FL
Through careful inspection and from your experience, you were able to prepare an estimate that was more than what we initially received from our carrier. You also overcame their [the insurance company] adjuster's opinion that the shingles did not suffer wind damage... Thanks again for your advocacy and professionalism!Mark Copeland
For decades, L’Auberge Chez François has been one of the leading restaurants in the metro Washington, D.C., area. Known for its exceptional French cuisine and impressive service, the restaurant is a longtime favorite of Washingtonians celebrating anniversaries, birthdays or other special occasions.
A magnitude 6.8 earthquake, called Nisqually in seismic circles, rocked Seattle, Washington, in 2001 and severely damaged the Starbucks corporate headquarters building.
It was in late November that an arsonist set a devastating fire to a popular Maryland hotel. The hotel, just five miles from Washington, D.C., does the majority of its business during the city’s cherry blossom season. If the season was missed, they would not only lose that year’s tour business, but bookings for the following years were also at risk.