Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to the many residents of Texas and Mississippi who were caught off-guard this week when deadly floods ravaged homes and businesses across both states. With a federal declaration in Texas for several counties and a local emergency declaration in the Mississippi, we have compiled some resources that we hope will be helpful to those home and business owners who have been adversely affected by the storms:
- FEMA Assistance for Texas Severe Storm and Flood Victims
- FEMA assistance for Mississippi Severe Storms and Flooding
- Protecting your home during severe weather from FEMA
- Live flood updates from The Weather Channel
- Instructions for using flood insurance and finding an agent from the NFIP
- Water and flooding safety instructions from the FDA
- Requesting assistance and/or shelter, finding loved ones and donation instructions from the American Red Cross
- CDC emergency preparedness and response information
- Texas Division of Emergency Management severe weather awareness information and instructions
- Mississippi Emergency Management Agency preparedness and response information
After the floodwaters have cleared, many families and businesses will be dealing with extensive rebuilding and repairs for months to come and that rebuilding will not come cheaply. According to FloodSmart.gov, floods are not only the nation’s #1 natural disaster but they are also extremely expensive stating that, “From 2008 to 2012, the average flood claim amounted to nearly $42,000.”
According to Luis Esteves, Principle at Adjusters International, the NFIP flood claim filing process can be extremely complicated, requiring an extensive level of detail regarding the scope of loss.
We know that these storms have devastated properties throughout both Mississippi and our home state of Texas and that many residents will be faced with rebuilding their homes and businesses from the ground up. Our public adjusters understand how difficult it can be to recover after tragic natural disasters and are here to help you review your insurance coverage, develop a claim management strategy, and ensure that your Proof of Loss form is completed and filed in a timely manner. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions concerning your property insurance claim.
- Luis Esteves, Principle at Adjusters International
For immediate assistance with your hailstorm property insurance claim, contact Luis Esteves at 800.992.7771 or at email@example.com.
For further reading on this topic, visit:
- Adjusting Today “Flood: Understand and Recovering to One of Nature’s Worst Disasters”
- Disaster Recovery Today “Water Damage: Mold & Salt Water Inundation”
- Podcast “Flood Insurance”