Jansen/Adjusters International’s Puerto Rico-based team of public insurance adjusters (also known as Caribbean Adjusters International) is on-site and available to assist business owners affected by Hurricanes Maria and Irma. We will prepare, negotiate and settle your claim ensuring a full and fair recovery. Call us for help today at 800.992.7771!
Although only a few weeks have passed since Hurricanes Maria and Irma slammed into the island territory of Puerto Rico, many business owners are already focusing on their road to recovery -- one that might be both long and challenging. Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to the many residents who were impacted by these violent windstorms. In our continuing efforts to assist affected commercial policyholders, we have compiled a series of links to important property damage and insurance resources:
- "The Four Most Common Types of Property Damage After a Hurricane"
- Property Insurance Roundtable “Hurricanes and Windstorm Coverage” podcast
- Property Insurance Roundtable “Flood Insurance – Understanding and Recovering from One of Nature’s Worst Disasters” podcast
- Disaster Recovery Roundtable “Determining Eligibility: Methods for presenting disaster-related costs to FEMA to obtain eligibility” podcast
- “Hurricane and Tropical Storm Damage – Commercial Insurance Claims Help”
- “Flood Damage Recovery – Commercial Insurance Claims Assistance”
- “Settling Insurance Claims After a Disaster” – The Insurance Information Institute
- Facts + Statistics: Hurricanes - The 2017 And 2016 Hurricane Seasons – The Insurance Information Institute
- “Disaster Recovery Help” – United Policyholders
- Contact Information for Javier Rivera Rios – National Association of Insurance Commissioners Listing for the Office of the Puerto Rico Commissioner of Insurance
- English Version of NAIC's Microsite Containing Information for Consumers from the Temporary Office of the Puerto Rico Commissioner of Insurance – National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- “Navigating the Claims Process” – National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- “My Insurance Doesn't Cover What?” - National Association of Insurance Commissioners
Who we have helped
- Jansen/Adjusters International “Hurricane Damages Florida Home” Residential Insurance Claim Case Study
- “Responding to the Worst Hurricanes, Storms & Floods” E-Edition
If your commercial property was damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Maria, it’s important to know that our clients expressed two main sentiments:
1. Having us as their advocate made all the difference in their financial settlement. After they suffered a disaster, they needed an advocate with the experience to get results. Adjusters International’s expert team of public adjusters used their unparalleled expertise in post-disaster financial recovery to help them to get what they deserved from their insurance company under their purchased policies.
2. We took the burden of the insurance claims process off their shoulders. Our public adjusters guided them through the entire claims process, performing a thorough evaluation of their property damage, interpreting their complex insurance policy and calculating loss amounts. Then we presented and supported their claim to the insurance company with the ultimate goals of minimizing the financial impact of the disaster while maximizing their final financial settlement. This allowed business owners to focus on running their businesses while we managed their insurance claim.
We’re happy to speak with you at no obligation. For additional information about the process ahead, contact us.